Turkey Istikbal Furniture and Design Foundation's "in 2030. Where / How do we work?" organized with the title , the second Applications for Furnitur International Furniture Design Competition continue. The application deadline is December 25, 2020.
While the competition invites designers, architects, engineers and anyone with the motivation to produce designs that can meet the needs of the new world, participants are expected to develop furniture design ideas for the new generation living and working spaces, suitable for home working practices.
Where / How will we work in 2030?
- How does our daily behavior evolve with our living spaces and social practices?
- How will the rapidly changing artificial environment, lifestyles and digital world affect our living spaces and the products we use?
- Can we improve our existing cultural behaviors, lives and experiences with well-designed products and objects?
- Can we build objects that can meet multiple needs in shrinking living spaces?
- Can we contribute to economic and ecological development by designing sustainable, recycled or recyclable objects with materials, technology and production method for a better future?
- How can we reveal objects that observe universal design principles and improve the life of each individual?
The 2030 setup in the competition was determined both to discuss where today's developments can reach in 10 years and to respond to the problems and new lifestyles that await us in the near future.
Within the scope of the competition, visual and literary s are requested that describe how future life fiction, technology and digital possibilities shape human and social life at micro scale and how solutions that respond to new behaviors are designed.
For detailed information about the competition and application, you can visit https://www.furni-tur.com/.
Ali Emre Berkman - Dr. Faculty Member (TOBB ETÜ Department of Industrial Products Design) User Experience Consultant
Can Yalman - Designer (Can Yalman Studio)
Cemal Çobanoğlu - Interior Architect & Furniture Designer (ABRA Design Studio)
Deniz Leblebici Başar - Dr. Faculty Member (ITU Industrial Products Design Department)
Kalender Dirik - R&D Center Coordinator (İstikbal Furniture)
Nihan Muş Özmen - Architect & Academician (Abdullah Gül University)
Competition Announcement: 07.10.2020
Last Questioning Date: 20.10.2020
Answering Questions: 28.10.2020
Application Dates: 28.10.2020 - 25.12.2020 (Time 23.59)
Jury Evaluation Meeting: 06.01.2021
Award Ceremony and Exhibition: 14.01.2021
First Prize: 30.000 TL cash prize
Second Prize: 20.000 TL cash prize
Third Prize: 15.000 TL cash prize
Honorable Mention Award (3 Pieces): 7.500 TL each
Istikbal Special Award: 10.000 TL monetary award
TTV Special Award: 10.000 TL monetary award
Haber Yazarı : Erbay ŞAHİN
303 viewed times. / 20-11-2020 added.
You may be interested in